Operation Schedule Application For Hospital Management
Operating room surgical schedules often present logistical difficulties in terms of assigning doctors to specific operating rooms. Due to a wide variety of factors such as room availability, working hours in a week, doctor preferences, and operating room capabilities, surgical scheduling can prove to be challenging. Administrators utilize a static schedule and manually modify the assignments on a case-by-case basis. In this senior design project, we work to transform this static schedule into a working dynamic model which can be programmed to incorporate different scenarios within the hospital based on specific hospital parameters. Operation Schedule Application For Hospital Management By implementing a mixed linear integer program to minimize the difference between a surgical group’s target and allocated time within an operating room, we demonstrate the advantages of using this model to optimize surgical assignments.
Software Requirements: –
Front End: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
Back End: PHP, MYSQL
Control End: Angular Java Script
Android SDK – adt-bundle-windows-x86
IDE: Eclipse Mars
Managing and scheduling Operation Theater (OT) activities are critical tasks in a hospital. Main objective of this module is to create a more user friendly environment for hospitals to manage their OT activities efficiently. OT scheduling is the most critical task in managing an OT in a hospital. Scheduling always needs to deal with emergency surgery scheduling, cancellation of surgeries etc. Having a OT module integrated with Open MRS will gain major benefits for hospitals including efficiently manage hospital resources, optimizing theater schedules, gives an overview for assign surgeons and nurses for each surgery efficiently and etc. Management people can analyze efficiency of OT by past records associate with each OT and also can determine consumption and future need of resources for surgeries.
- Create a new module following Creating Modules
- The one of major function of the module is to enable a interface to efficiently schedule OT activities in each OT in the hospital. (Managing interfaces for scheduling activities will be critical here).
Scheduling needs to address changes in surgeries such as new additions, cancellations, delayed surgeries, emergencies, etc.
- Each surgery should be associate with following details
- Surgery date and time.
- Operation Theater (OT) number of ID.
- Anesthesia type and Anesthetist Name.
- Surgeon (Include if there is Assistant surgeon).
- Theater nurses associate with the surgery (If possible).
- Mechanism to track pre and postoperative events.
- Attach any reports associated with surgery (i.e. patient surgery chart, Operative reports – transcription).
- Managing doctors comments regarding surgery.
- Special drugs, instruments and materials needed for a operation.
- Build interfaces to view daily OT activities. Also it should be necessary for view OT schedules for past and future days.
- Create interface needed for hospital administrative people for analyze OT activities and efficiency. These interfaces may contain special needs of materials need for upcoming surgeries and consumption of resources in each OT.
Operating Theatre Management System (OTMS) provides a comprehensive per-operative information system that enables hospitals to achieve remarkable improvements in organizational performance and patient safety.
OTMS enables the total per-operative automation that will help the hospitals to achieve the control and efficiency needed to succeed in this evolving environment. OTMS covers all areas needed for the Operating Theatre workflow processes from Booking of operating rooms, Scheduling of OT staff, Pre-Operative Check-list, Operating Room Intra-Operative Records, Recovery monitoring, etc.
In the life of the software development, problem analysis provides a base for design and development phase. The problem is analyzed so that sufficient matter is provided to design a new system. Large problems are sub-divided into smaller once to make them understandable and easy for finding solutions. Same in this project all the task are sub-divided and categorized.
- Manage Doctor Details
- Manage patient Details
- Post Operation Schedule Details
- View Doctor Details
- View surgical Information
- Calendar View to capture OR bookings
- Color scheme to indicate OR status
- Drag & Drop to swap, move, extend OR slots
OT Staff Scheduling
- Rostering of OT staff
- Assign Staffs on Duty to Cases
- Full View – All Scheduled Cases in All Theatres
- Icons and color scheme to indicate various staff roles and overlap of duties
Patient Listing and Check List
- Patient Listing of Booked Cases
- Ward Checklist
- Highlight discrepancy between Ward & Pre-operative Checklist
- Nurse Sign-off Requirement
- Indicate Patient Ready Status to inform Porter to fetch patient
- Ensure ease of booking and management of the Operating Rooms status.
- Enable effective use of OT resources based on the related workflows
- Provide visibility for the ORs through capturing and displaying of essential patient and surgical information in step with the workflow to facilitate coordination within OT and between OT and Wards.
- Enable the capturing of Operating Room (OR) Intra-Operative Records and sharing of information between OR and Recovery
- Facilitate the capturing of post operation medical notes
- Provide the Porters with the right information to fetch patients and handling over of patient case between OT and Wards
Another main function of our proposed system is registration, in order to register with the unique application details such as name; password, email, place and time are required.