Student Attendance System App
Student Attendance and Faculty Communication Application
Managing the attendance using traditional approach is really a cumbersome process. The person has to maintain the attendance record in registers and file using pen and paper. The problem with this approach is that it requires lots of paper which are the part of our non-renewable natural resources. We are in the age, where we have to think about sustainable development. Managing the attendance using mobile phones, provide an alternative way in this direction. Communication between teachers and the parent is also an important issue that should also be considered, because parent can only get the information about their ward after the interaction with teachers. So, we also tried to bring the system which enables parent to receive the information of their ward of regularity on daily basis. Student Attendance System App
Student Attendance System App
Software Requirements: –
Front End: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
Back End: PHP, MYSQL
Control End: Angular Java Script
Android SDK – adt-bundle-windows-x86
IDE: Eclipse Mars
It is better than PC based system in many ways:
- In an environment of inadequate and erratic Power (Electricity) supply, the Mobile phones are much better than the Computer; Desktop or Laptop. The Mobile phone requires a small fraction of the power requirement of Computers and has power storing batteries that tend to store power for a longer period, when compared to Laptops
- It provides mobility to the users to access the attendance record at any time and at any place.
- The Mobile Phone is relatively cheaper than the Computer on the average, so economically it has advantage over that.
- In an environment of poor maintenance culture, Mobile phones are less prone to malfunctioning when compared to Computers so; Cheaper Maintenance is the next added advantage for any system based on mobile phones.
- The reduction in Paper material being used in traditional method of pen and paper based attendance system, thus preserving the Forests of the world (the small phone can contain hundreds of thousands of pages of books, and written materials). It is a Green technology.
- Availability wise also it is preferable, today mobile phone is available to every other person as compared to computer. So, any institution does not need to incur any extra cost while installing the system.
The advantages of our system are as follow:
- Ease up the process of attendance.
- Easy Analysis of data.
- Better user interface.
- Made access to the record of attendance available 24X7.
- Reduced dependency on natural resources for paper.
- Easy generation of summary of attendance.
- Make the process of attendance a green process.
- Provide communication between teachers and parents.
- Automatic SMS will be sent to parents to inform the status of their ward whether present or absent in the institution.
- Informing the parents for their child attendance status regularly can be irritating if they are not interested.
- Small screen of the mobile is a big limitation and can leads to difficulty in marking the attendance of the system.
- Limited storage capacity of the mobile is also a limitation in the system and due to this large number of records can’t be kept in the mobile.
- It can be a little bit costly for the teacher to send the sms from the mobile every time she takes attendance in the class in case he/she has not used message card.
- Speed of the OS of the mobile is less than the computer if compared with computer so it has speed limitations if compared with computer based attendance system.
Every faculty and student has to register themselves in order to login to access the application.
STUDENT REGISTRATION- Comprises of fields such as NAME, USN,SEMESTER, EMAIL ID, PHONE NO, PASSWORD, CONFIRM PASSWORD.
FACULTY REGISTRATION- Comprises of fields such as NAME, EMP ID,BRANCH,EMAIL ID, PHONE NO, PASSWORD, CONFIRM PASSWORD.
The login page comprises of user name email id, password, enter opt.
It should also comprise of forget password
In order to login to the application the user must provide all the credentials. An OTP has to be sent to the users email id and that has to be entered in order to log into the application.
ATTENDANCE: Attendance is recorded for a particular session by specifying the date, timings , subject , semester.
The students would have provided their details such as name and semester during registration. By fetching those details the names and USN has to be displayed in the attendance list accordingly.
If the students have registered in 1st semester then when the teacher needs to record attendance for 1 semester then all the students who have registered as 1st semester the list of names should appear. The same procedure for all other semesters.
Faculty also possesses the access to modify the attendance that is marked incorrectly. On selecting the modify option by providing the date, session timings , subject , semester faculty can modify the attendance that is marked incorrectly. And then can submit the attendance
SCHEDULER: this module permits schedule classes on a specified day by providing day subject timings semester for the class that has to scheduled.
No two classes has to be scheduled in the same hour an error message has to be displayed if 2 different classes are scheduled in the same hour.
A time table has to be displayed for the classes that are scheduled.
NOTES: the module permits to add notes regarding the sessions that are held by specifying the semester title and subject name.
The notes in the video is entered in the text pad. Since text pad is limited with number of words. In our application we need to provide access to attach PDF and WORD FORMAT.
PROFILE: This module should display the student details on providing the USN . The module focusses on tracking the student attendance status.
CGPA CALCULATOR: permits calculation of CGPA by providing the SGPA incurred in every semester. STUDENT gains access to calculate CGPA.
ACCESS to modules is granted on basis of inputs provided by the users.
FACULTY gains access to MODIFY all the modules.
STUDENT gains access to modules to view ATTANDANCE, CLASSES SCHEDULED , NOTES , PROFILE.