Smart-buying Environment using Smart City Infrastructures
In modern cities, most citizens are interested in buying from e-shops or mostly buy from large shopping brands. This is a challenge for small and medium-sized retailers, who cannot afford to maintain IT infrastructures and skills. The ongoing R&D project SMARTBUY, tries to close this gap by providing a platform for small and medium-sized retailers to become the place where they can easily make their products and promotions visible online for local audiences, along with a mobile application for customers. An important issue in this context is the evaluation of the retailers. In this work, we introduce a new evaluation application for assessing the quality of the retailer services. Customers have the chance to rate the behavior and the offers that the retailers provide to them. Smart-buying Environment using Smart City Infrastructures This evaluation service is based on the SMARTBUY platform and is developed upon the OrganiCity Experimentation Platform. The evaluation application is a novel approach to generate knowledge for the retailer shops inside a future city using both data from open city datasets as well as feedback from citizens. android projects ideas Such an application is deemed useful to both customers, to identify retailers with best offers and services, and retailers as an incentive to improve their services.
Software Requirements: –
Front End: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
Back End: PHP, MYSQL
Control End: Angular Java Script
Android SDK – adt-bundle-windows-x86
IDE: Eclipse Mars
- The small and medium-sized retailers, who cannot afford to maintain IT infrastructures and skills.
- Only E com site and company will have online sales
- Visibilty on Small retailer are low in online.
A recent R&D effort through the SMARTBUY project aims to narrow this gap between small and medium-sized
retailers and their customers using technological infrastructures. The goal is to become the online place for products and promotions for local audiences at the right time. This place is the customers’ smartphones, providing them also
with relevant advantages of e-Commerce: comparison of prices, choice of providers, reviews and specification awareness, booking, etc. The SMARTBUY platform provides SMEs retailers with an integrated suite of services allowing them to apply the tactics that the big retailers are now using to offer an integrated digital and physical buying experience to customers.
- Admin Login
- User Registeration
- User Login
- User view all retailers
- User Rating
- Retailers Registeration
- Retailers Update info
- The Evaluation of the Retailers
- Quality of the Service
- Refers to the service-quality delivery of a store and it has a major impact on the
consumer’s behavior regarding a shop.
- assesses the kindness and politeness of the retailer to the costumers.
- Value for Money
- Refers to the quantity and quality of the purchased goods that will be exchanged for one
- Discount Policy assesses
- The overall strategy and possible deals that a certain retailer provides to its customers along with the final profit for the customer.
- B) Describing the Retailers
- “location”: contains a latitude longitude pair as a GeoPoint to describe the retailer’s physical location inside the city. The physical location can be used to run spatial queries for retailers near the citizen’s location.
- “description”: provides a free text description of the products the retailer offers. This description can be used to perform text-based search for limiting the results when citizens search for specific categories of retailers.
- “name”: the name of the retailer’s shop, that can be used for display and search purposes.
- “contact”: various contact methods can be used to allow citizens to contact the retailers directly for information about their shops or products.