Online Library Management System using asp.net with vb
Library is place where all kind of books are available. Library Management system is a web based application. This system contains list of all the books and can be accessed by remote users concurrently from anywhere in the campus. But for that users must be registered user. This system is three tier architecture.Client sends requests, on receiving the request the server processes it and extracts the data from database and sends the result back to the client. This system provides separate interface and login for librarian, students and faculties. Librarian can modify database.
Users can search for books and renewal books online. They can recommend for new books by just sending messages to the librarian from anywhere in the college. They can view the issue and return dates of any book and due they have to pay. This system generates reports that can be used in analyzing the library performance. Library Management System Thus the management can take appropriate steps to improve the facilities.
Library Management System
Various problems of physical system are described below:-
- If one is not very careful then there is a possibility of issuing more than one book to a user.
- There is a possibility of issuing a book to a user, whose membership is not there.
- When a user requests for the a book, one has to physically check for the presence of a book in the library
- Answering management query is a time consuming process.
- Daily keeping a manual record of changes taking place in the library such as book being issued, book being returned etc can become cumbersome if the Library size is bigger.
- Fast report generation is not possible.
- Tracing a book is difficult.
- Information about issue/return of the books are not properly maintained.
- No central database can be created as information is not available in database
The LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM is a software application which avoids more manual hours in taking the book, that need to spend in record keeping and generating reports. Maintaining of user details is complex in manual system in terms of agreements, royalty and activities. This all have to be maintained in ledgers or books. Co-coordinators needs to verify each record for small information also.
- Easy search of book in the online library.
- Avoid the manual work.
- User need not go to the library for Issue any kind of book, he can renewal the book online.
- It provides “better and efficient” service to members
- Reduce the workload of employee
- Faster retrieval of information about the desired book
- Provide facility for proper monitoring reduces paper work and provide data security. All details will be available on a click
System : Intel3core
HardDisk : 8GB
Monitor : 14’ColorMonitor
Mouse : Optical Mouse
Operating system : Windows7/8/10
Coding Language : ASP.Net with C# (Service Pack 1)
Data Base : SQL Server 2014
Tools : Visual studio 2013
The following activities are performed by admin,
- Add Book
- Update Books
- Delete Books
- Add Records
- Add Syllabus
- View All Records
- View Book Records
- View Member records
The following activities are performed by users,
- Create New Member
- View Book details
- Choose Books
- Issue books
- Download Book
- Return Book